Lad dies from video games

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Kelbie
Senior Captain
Senior Captain
STO Handle: @Charlie25

Lad dies from video games

Post by Kelbie »

I feel sorry for the dad, knowing that your son died from sitting in one place for 12 hours playing video games. Poor fella.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-so ... e-14350216
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Lad dies from video games

Post by Shroombuck »

Such is life.
Carbonizer
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Carbonizer »

True, it is a shame he chose to waste away infront of a screen.
Jesse
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Jesse »

I think we should feel bad for him. I've heard stories before of people dying (from "gaming") because they neglected hydration for extended periods of time, but this guy wouldn't really have known the extent of the risk he was taking by sitting down so much. Much like smokers in the 1950's who didn't know the risk of lung cancer, kids his age think they are invincible.

Regardless this is as much bad luck as it is unfortunate, we should all be mindful to not sit too long in the same place lest we be unlucky too. It's definitely very easy to, if not on the computer playing games than at school or work, or infront of the television, or in the car. We spend so much of our lives sitting so do it properly!
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Twelve hours in one position is incredibly moronic. I pity the parents for their ignorance, as ultimately they will blame themselves.
Eagle Eyes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
STO Handle: @TNF_EagleEyes

Post by Eagle Eyes »

*I feel something in my leg*... *ignore it its nothing*... he was 20 so he was totally in control of what decisions he made. Its pointless to blame the parents in my view, esp, if he was a student and lived out of his parents house. The longest I have sat at a screen was probably 8 hours and we all have played good games and have sat there for ages we just have to remember to take a break every few hours.
Nani o Miru? Nani ga Aru? Mada Shiranai.
Silverado
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
STO Handle: @silverado_679

Post by Silverado »

Its not all the kids fault this is partly due to bad parenting. I know when i was a kid growing up my parents limited gaming and forced out outside after 3 hours on the computer or any gaming console.

haha i remember one time i snuck on the PC late at night after they went to bed and my mom eventually woke up and literally cut the patch cable from the 56K dial up internet i had at the time hahah

Anywho this is a tragic loss....
Janeway
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Janeway »

This reflects improper judgement for both parties involved. I have no sympathy when both a parent is moronic enough to allow their own kid to sit in front of a television screen for twelve hours at a time playing a video game and the kid is stupid enough to do such a thing.
Signed,
Captain Janeway
Federation Senate
Federation Command