Rolled a Jedi Consular

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Kaito
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
STO Handle: Kaito Kun@spydron

Rolled a Jedi Consular

Post by Kaito »

Worked the first 3 levels of this and a Trooper on a second account. Change of scenery entertaining for now. Like the classic SW music and entertained by the story presentation. You are constantly given choices that seem to give of take points based on you class.....
Respectfully,

Rear Admiral Kaito
Federation Council
Security Chief

Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Rolled a Jedi Consular

Post by Costello »

I have played as a Guardian (Acos) and a Gunslinger (Colmar).

Fun game. Bit intense at endgame.
Spoiler: show
Kristinia
Senior Captain
Senior Captain
STO Handle: @Ilthana

Post by Kristinia »

I only played a Jedi Shadow (I think) around their orginal launch time. When I logged in again, it was F2P, and all the people that I joined SWTOR left the server. I think that toon was trial level capped, so I never went back to it, and when I loaded it again, everything was different.

I haven't touched SWTOR since then, but I heard it went the way of STO. Sad day :(

So many MMOs try to compete with WoW, and those end up being F2P. Very sad!
Trip
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by Trip »

I liked Star Wars the old Republic a lot and played it almost for a year or so. Have played most of the 8 classes till act 2. With my jedi knight i completed all acts. But I lost some fun in it because when you complete the story ones most missions get bored if you replay them with an other class.

But if you need help with something I can login and help you if needed.
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

The first Star Wars game I played was Dark Forces back in 1995. I have been hooked on Star Wars games ever since up to Jedi Academy in 2004. I played the KOTOR series as well, but never got around to the MMORPG KOTOR.

Looks nice though.
ECGadget
Foreign Diplomat
Foreign Diplomat

Post by ECGadget »

I prefer SWToR to STO in every which way. It is just much much better! And the maps just... wow at times!
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

ECGadget wrote:I prefer SWToR to STO in every which way. It is just much much better! And the maps just... wow at times!
While TOR does beat STO in almost every respect, I find the endgame is too intense for TOR. You are not liable to get agitated in an STF. In a raid like EC HM/NM, there is a chance you could tear your hair out.
Kristinia
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by Kristinia »

Artful wrote:
ECGadget wrote:I prefer SWToR to STO in every which way. It is just much much better! And the maps just... wow at times!
While TOR does beat STO in almost every respect, I find the endgame is too intense for TOR. You are not liable to get agitated in an STF. In a raid like EC HM/NM, there is a chance you could tear your hair out.
From what I heard, SW:TOR is trying to be like WoW in it's end game. While I haven't dealt personally with their endgame like I do with Blizzard's version. EA has had a reputation of ruining a good trademark (i.e. the Command & Conquer series).

I'm unsure if SW:TOR has a "Raid Finder" version of their raids for the "casuals", but their hard-mode/normal modes are more geared towards the 'hard core gamer' than the 'casuals'.

I do agree that the graphics in SW:TOR are beyond amazing, and they cause my puny i7 laptop's Radeon chip to grow hotter than the sun :(

If I could find a group of people to play with in SW, I'd probably play again :)
Taylynn
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
STO Handle: sto

Post by Taylynn »

I believe I still have a Consular, Commando, Knight. I really need to get back online with that one as well. However, I am also a Final Fantasy person and beta tested FF 14, so I most def. will give that a try as well.
Kristinia
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by Kristinia »

Taylynn wrote:I believe I still have a Consular, Commando, Knight. I really need to get back online with that one as well. However, I am also a Final Fantasy person and beta tested FF 14, so I most def. will give that a try as well.
He just misses the good old days of staying home playing WoW/STO/SWToR, and who'd blame him, if he could work and be at home, everything would be coming up sunshine and rainbows :)