Curiosity Lands on Mars!

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Curiosity Lands on Mars!

Post by Shroombuck »

Oh Picard, I respect your theories, but alas only in the sense and to the extent that I respect your theory that your girlfriend is beautiful and your future children smart.
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

There is such a thing as empirical proof. Nonetheless, I love you as I love all children of FC.
Thank you,
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

Picard wrote:There is such a thing as empirical proof.
There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.
Picard wrote:Nonetheless, I love you as I love all children of FC.
The love I have for you resembles the love that an obese child has for his candy.
engagenumber1
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by engagenumber1 »

I'm going to wet myself if this carries on!
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Picard wrote:There is such a thing as empirical proof. Nonetheless, I love you as I love all children of FC.
Still Picard, there is the runt in every litter.
Shroombuck wrote:
Picard wrote:There is such a thing as empirical proof.
There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.
Picard wrote:Nonetheless, I love you as I love all children of FC.
The love I have for you resembles the love that an obese child has for his candy.
The love I have for you Shroombuck is the kind a demolitionist has for his semtex-wired detonation trigger.
Jesse
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Jesse »

Picard wrote:This is a nice classic history lesson for those who knew little of Great Britain. It does not foul me, you know very well that the Sovereign or the Parliament holds no real power on any of those 54 countries. This empires lives on only in your head and were your government to claim otherwise these countries would leave the commonwealth.

We could discuss the Magna Charta and the great days of the past, those are gone and so is the Empire. Proof to the point, the term ''British Empire'' is no longer used by your government or anyone but you. It was indeed replaced by the ''Commonwealth''. You cling to a fantasy and dream of days that have passed long before your birth.

I'm sorry to force you to face reality. Hopefully you won't go too hard on antidepressants.
LOL Picard, what exactly is the "Magna Charta"? Sounds to me like it should be the first department charter ever written under our glorious, glorious, glorious, Constitutional policy system.
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

Jesse wrote:LOL Picard, what exactly is the "Magna Charta"? Sounds to me like it should be the first department charter ever written under our glorious, glorious, glorious, Constitutional policy system.
That's one of the most important charters concerning the law of peoples. Its official name was the Great Charter of the Liberties of England, and of the Liberties of the Forest. It was granted by King John at Runnymede (Surrey) in 1215. This charter recognised the rights and privileges of the nobility, church, and those who are considered freemen (commoners of course not included).
Jesse
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Jesse »

Shroombuck wrote:
Jesse wrote:LOL Picard, what exactly is the "Magna Charta"? Sounds to me like it should be the first department charter ever written under our glorious, glorious, glorious, Constitutional policy system.
That's one of the most important charters concerning the law of peoples. Its official name was the Great Charter of the Liberties of England, and of the Liberties of the Forest. It was granted by King John at Runnymede (Surrey) in 1215. This charter recognised the rights and privileges of the nobility, church, and those who are considered freemen (commoners of course not included).
Oh I know, it's just... I've usually seen it spelled as "Magna Carta" instead of "Magna Charta".... If you accentuate the "h" in the latter, it sounds like a glorious FC policy.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Jesse wrote:
Shroombuck wrote:
Oh I know, it's just... I've usually seen it spelled as "Magna Carta" instead of "Magna Charta".... If you accentuate the "h" in the latter, it sounds like a glorious FC policy.
It is spelt Magna Carta. It means 'great charter' or great paper, verbatim.
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

Charta roughly have the same meaning.

Shroombuck: Don't ever compare me to something you would suck on ever again, I value my erections to much to deal with that thought.
Thank you,