Star Trek Excalibur: Outreach

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Star Trek Excalibur: Outreach

Post by EVOXSNES »

The latest video conveys a sense of urgency regarding the completion of the game but you won't find a panicked narrative. The tone centres on setting up a responsible pace for development that leads to a complete product. I think this is a very good sign. Its an indication that the team is mindful of the games extended development and wishes to get on with it.

With a Global team of 50+ people using their spare time for development of the the independent Star Trek game. They've recently reach out, asking for anyone with expertise, a skill, certified or not, to aid in the games current stage of development.

Check the video out and if you feel you can contribute. Please consider lending your support by way of the instructions located in the videos description. The April status update on development is also available below.

The Full April Status update: http://www.stexcalibur.com/forum/index. ... 084.0.html
http://www.stexcalibur.com/

Janeway
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Star Trek Excalibur: Outreach

Post by Janeway »

This has been going on for what, five years? They set out to create a modern STBC and only just the Quick Battle at that.

I honestly think it will never come. Not because I think they've been sitting on their butts all these years but because they suffer from an affliction that all artists suffer from: the inability to call a piece of work "done."

I understand it but at some point someone has to say that "this is what we're going with." ST:E will remain in limbo.

And yes, true art is never really done.
Signed,
Captain Janeway
Federation Senate
Federation Command
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Better good and done than perfect and imaginary.
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Post by EVOXSNES »

Star Treks Duke Nukem Forever.
Exeter
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Exeter »

This problem plagues all Development, so they invented a career to fix it, that is what I do.

Why mine has the immediate goals fixed and any upgrades go to a patch.
// signed //
Admiral Exeter