Star Trek: Into Darkness - Trailer

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Star Trek: Into Darkness - Trailer

Post by EVOXSNES »

Delta
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Star Trek: Into Darkness - Trailer

Post by Delta »

Right now, I'm gonna wait until I get more information about it before I make judgements. However, I am still excited to see it.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

You know what this situation is? It's like turning up a fraternity with experience in code and graphics hardware instead of beer-guzzling and cherry-popping. If you want to be accepted within an adverse social circle, inevitably one must wear a different mask - and in doing so - compromise one's own integrity; you have to make the sacrifice to fit in. If we want Trek to be relevant, the butchery set forth by a LOST-fanboy-generation must be appeased, we can't have it like the good old days.

Star Trek has changed, irrevocably. I don't recognise this as Star Trek as I know it and perhaps I shouldn't. Perhaps it is a mere memory and we must accept this as the future. I mean really, fuck, I'm past giving a shit. Give me explosions and pussy, let the wankers with a predisposition for pedantry cry about how Roddenberry it ain't. I'll be in the corner drinking myself to happiness.
Bailo
Commodore
Commodore
STO Handle: @Bailo

Post by Bailo »

Oh dear....
"I have a sheep doing roofing over at my house, come and drop in. We'll put on Zeppelin and eat cheddar cheese" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Carbonizer
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Carbonizer »

Artful wrote:You know what this situation is? It's like turning up a fraternity with experience in code and graphics hardware instead of beer-guzzling and cherry-popping. If you want to be accepted within an adverse social circle, inevitably one must wear a different mask - and in doing so - compromise one's own integrity; you have to make the sacrifice to fit in. If we want Trek to be relevant, the butchery set forth by a LOST-fanboy-generation must be appeased, we can't have it like the good old days.

Star Trek has changed, irrevocably. I don't recognise this as Star Trek as I know it and perhaps I shouldn't. Perhaps it is a mere memory and we must accept this as the future. I mean really, fuck, I'm past giving a shit. Give me explosions and pussy, let the wankers with a predisposition for pedantry cry about how Roddenberry it ain't. I'll be in the corner drinking myself to happiness.
Chin chin !
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

Artful wrote:You know what this situation is? It's like turning up a fraternity with experience in code and graphics hardware instead of beer-guzzling and cherry-popping. If you want to be accepted within an adverse social circle, inevitably one must wear a different mask - and in doing so - compromise one's own integrity; you have to make the sacrifice to fit in. If we want Trek to be relevant, the butchery set forth by a LOST-fanboy-generation must be appeased, we can't have it like the good old days.

Well said.
Thank you,
aiden
Foreign Diplomat
Foreign Diplomat
STO Handle: @aidenLACA

Post by aiden »

I second that!!
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Post by EVOXSNES »

I hear stories from different mates, all over the place. Stories of how people saw the one in 09. People who just didn’t watch Star Trek before 09 because they thought it was, "shit".

They go to the cinema, watch the new movie and come out of there entertained and wanting more.

People don’t hate Star trek. Heaps of people back in First Contacts day loved it. Different people all over the place. People hate what Star trek became. Thats when the average joe gave it the flick.

In todays world. I get to watch Boardwalk Empire (the only show i watch, not much tv these days) with a new Star Trek just around the corner. Easily accessible to anyone and where people love it.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

I love Boardwalk. Bit of a slow-burner this season but it was worth it to see Capone slew man left and right and Rosetti and Gillian getting their just desserts.