Just dropping in!

A place for visitors to drop by and say hello.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Bailo
Commodore
Commodore
STO Handle: @Bailo

Just dropping in!

Post by Bailo »

Well, things have certainly changed since i was around this neck of the woods! I'm glad i still recognize some people around but a lot of new people too which is always good. I found myself going through some old files a few days ago and came across endless amounts of pictures of BC training sessions, Battles (not too many reports to go with them which was my key flaw, i know), File's pertaining to the Inspector General, Fleet Records, The Academy, Flight Training, Security, Engineering, News and some rather interesting Wikipedia edits :oops: .

I'm also happy to see some old faces stopping by such as DarkSean, Oda (Shroom) and Rogue Trooper. I had some good times with all of them and many many others.

In the end i did end up getting STO and playing it for several months until i slowly lost interest and time in it. With the minimal time spent playing it i stopped paying for it. Recently however i have found myself picking it up again after realizing how to balance my time better so who knows, i may even rejoin? I did look for you guys when i got STO the first time round but of course searching [UFP] provided the wrong results and i imagine it was because you weren't [UFP] anymore. I still never did fully find out what happened there, so if anyone fancies filling me in i would be interested to know.

I thought i'd end this message with a picture or four.

Practicing a chevron formation. One ship veered off as i was lining up for this screenshot thus the empty space.

Killing off some DD/SAW scum with a fleet from that Interfleet Alliance we had.

Some more formation Flying

and who can forget SFC3. With the not so amazing Bailo Maneuver, as seen here.

Anyway i hope all are healthy and keeping well!
Bailo
"I have a sheep doing roofing over at my house, come and drop in. We'll put on Zeppelin and eat cheddar cheese" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Just dropping in!

Post by Costello »

Well well well, this is a blast from the past. Many memories there! As for what happened with the [UFP] situation, basically after I took command of [UFP] I realised with the insight of Jesse and Picard, that the issues with the fleet were not in the command structure but within the members themselves, it was such a large scale problem that not even Jesse/Picard foresaw it and it couldn't be solved by pruning a few branches here and there. When they brought back FC, a fleet that could stand for integrity and professionalism was reborn, since [UFP] was beyond redemption, most of the core loyal [UFP] members came here and since where those people are my fleet basically is, I followed them. Left in the hands of the incompetent, [UFP] disintegrated and was butchered into a new fleet (one I haven't even seen in STO). Whereas the holy and the loyal are in Federation Command, and we are very much alive and kicking in STO.

Thanks for dropping by Bailo, if you're into STO, feel free to post an oath.
Bailo
Commodore
Commodore
STO Handle: @Bailo

Post by Bailo »

That was exactly my reaction when browsing through the screenshots there. Thanks for filling me in, it seems what you guys have made here is better than the old UFP forums anyway! If i recall correctly i'm still retired, or at least i was in UFP i don't know if that would carry over or.... Which reminds me again, i feel like i kind of owe you all an apology and explanation. I jetted off in in such a rush that i didnt even make my own retirement post i asked for someone else to do it. At the time a lot was going on in my life, having started a new job which was bad enough by itself, my dad and one of my grandparents discovered they had cancer barely 2 weeks apart and i found myself unable to cope, it was all too much. So that was the end of it. I'm happy to report that both my father and grandmother beat their cancer and things have now pretty much returned to normal for me. So yeah, sorry for that but i'm sure you all understand. Now its 4.25 am, i'm going to bed!
"I have a sheep doing roofing over at my house, come and drop in. We'll put on Zeppelin and eat cheddar cheese" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

Good lord, it has been such a long time since we last met. I'm glad that you found your way to these glorious forums, Bailo.

You mentioned you retired in UFP, if that's the case you will regain your old rank here.
Carbonizer
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Carbonizer »

It is good to hear that all is well.

Now post a bloody oath already :P
Janeway
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Janeway »

When I read the name of who posted this I wasn't quite sure I was reading it right.

It is good to see you back once again and as the others have mentioned: post an oath already. It's simply an inevitable possibility.

P.S. It's been a long time since I've heard Shroomy called Oda...
Signed,
Captain Janeway
Federation Senate
Federation Command
Zion
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Zion »

Welcome to our glorious forums! I dont know you yet but ill jump on the band wagon...Post an oath and join the glorious First Fleet in battle and reclaim the glory you once had in Bridge Commander. Artful has big plans for our starbase and we need all the level caped players we can get.
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

It's always good to see some old names return. As Shroombuck mentioned since you retired in UFP and FC is its continuation you can have your old rank back.

Hopefully we'll see an OATH soon, in the meantime please enjoy your stay!
Thank you,
Warfire
Senior Captain
Senior Captain
STO Handle: @LordWarfire

Post by Warfire »

Hello! Good to meet you :)
Hartley
Captain
Captain
STO Handle: Kell Perim@M.Hartley

Post by Hartley »

It's good to see you Bailo, I hope you decide to stick around mate.
Kind regards,

Hartley