Star Citizen Vanguard Command

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Janeway
Visitor
Visitor

Star Citizen Vanguard Command

Post by Janeway »

I felt it necessary to post this thread as the one Jesse posted is now essentially null and void as we move towards VC (Star Citizen doesn't let you change organizational names).

If you have already pledge to Star Citizen you may join our organization:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/VANGUARDCM

If you haven't pledge to Star Citizen: shame on you. Their cheapest ship is all of $45.

As you can imagine, Star Citizen will become the central focus of VC later this year so get a head start now. You can already play Arena Commander, the tutorial (!), and soon the FPS, Social, Planet side, and Squadron 42.

We've already even organized the organization but it is still a work in progress:
Signed,
Captain Janeway
Federation Senate
Federation Command
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Re: Star Citizen Vanguard Command

Post by EVOXSNES »

Done. :grin:
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

I have an account, I've just not pledged yet.

In all honesty I have no idea what to purchase.
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

Waste your money on yet another game (remember: STO), that will likely end up being free-for-all anyway.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Shroombuck wrote:Waste your money on yet another game (remember: STO), that will likely end up being free-for-all anyway.
Please share your insights when you at least have an understanding of what you are talking about.

Comparing SC to STO is like comparing the GDP of the USA to the GDP of Tanzania.
Janeway
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Janeway »

Costello wrote:I have an account, I've just not pledged yet.

In all honesty I have no idea what to purchase.
If you don't want to spend too much (i.e. under $100) there's everything from the basic Aurora to the Vanguard, Gladius, and the 325p. I just don't know if all of the, come with Arena Commander.

I just bought a 325p actually. Someone let me test drive a cutlass but that crosses the $100 barrier.

The multi-crew ships which are the most expensive aren't playable yet so unless you want to stare at your pretty internet spaceship and use the F7C-Hornet in Arena Commander until that changes uou can buy higher.

I own the Constellation Aquila, Star G, and the 325p.

You have two ways to look at this: buy for now or buy for the Protestant Universe later that comes out later this year. I did both.

We have an entire fleet so come launch you won't head out into the universe alone. Otherwise we really effed up Vanguard Command.
Signed,
Captain Janeway
Federation Senate
Federation Command
Kaito
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
STO Handle: Kaito Kun@spydron

Post by Kaito »

Wow, had an account since Oct 12, 2012. Yes lets go shopping... what did you say, you test drove a ship? There is playable content of kind?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/game-packages

Fascinating!
Respectfully,

Rear Admiral Kaito
Federation Council
Security Chief

Janeway
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Janeway »

Kaito wrote:Wow, had an account since Oct 12, 2012. Yes lets go shopping... what did you say, you test drove a ship? There is playable content of kind?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/game-packages

Fascinating!
Yes, there's Arena Commander at the moment where you take fighter type craft and can play against squadrons (up to 8v8 I believe), Battle Royale, Capture the Core (basically Capture the Flag), Vandul Swarm (Horde Mode basically), and Free Flight which lets you do pretty much anything at the moment.

I played Free Flight yesterday and someone offered to let me test drive a Cutlass so we landed and switched ships by getting out of the ones we were already in. He took mine and I took his.

Today I played Squadron Battle for about an hour (8v8). Felt a lot like Bridge Commander with better graphics and physics. Made someone run into an asteroid and explode.

But of course, to test drive a ship you'll need a pledge package. And you can pretty much use the F7C-Hornet no matter what from what I've been able to see. Only the multi-crew ships can't be flown yet.
Signed,
Captain Janeway
Federation Senate
Federation Command
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

Costello wrote:
Shroombuck wrote:Waste your money on yet another game (remember: STO), that will likely end up being free-for-all anyway.
Please share your insights when you at least have an understanding of what you are talking about.

Comparing SC to STO is like comparing the GDP of the USA to the GDP of Tanzania.
I rubbed you all for your response.

Muhaha.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Shroombuck wrote:
Costello wrote:

I rubbed you all for your response.

Muhaha.