TekRevue: The 10 Best Star Trek Games in the Quadrant

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Kaito
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
STO Handle: Kaito Kun@spydron

TekRevue: The 10 Best Star Trek Games in the Quadrant

Post by Kaito »

Respectfully,

Rear Admiral Kaito
Federation Council
Security Chief

Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: TekRevue: The 10 Best Star Trek Games in the Quadrant

Post by Shroombuck »

I have played Star Trek: The Next Generation – A Final Unity back in 1995. I was amazed by the glorious graphics and even today, they are still beautiful.

That's DOS, gentlemen. Even Bridge Commander looked worse than this. How fucking glorious.

I'm just pitifully nostalgic. I can't help but roll my eyes at myself frequently. I'm constantly reminiscing about the good old days. I'm in my thirties (yes, after years I finally admit it), and there haven't even been that many old days, but still... I love to look back.
Kaito
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
STO Handle: Kaito Kun@spydron

Post by Kaito »

Yea Shroom "A Final Unity", so many hours hogging my friends Win95 PC while they played "John Madden" on Sega or some shit.

Cheers to the dayz
Respectfully,

Rear Admiral Kaito
Federation Council
Security Chief

Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

I never realized that so many of these great games were released between 1999-2002. People literally had 2 ST games being released every year. Those were the days...
Thank you,
Alexraptor
Admiral
Admiral
STO Handle: @Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

I was a Star Trek gamer for years already before I entered the multiplayer scene.

A Final Unity, Generations, 25th anniversary, Starfleet Academy, NES and SNES trek games. :grin:

But when it comes to starship combat NOTHING beats Klingon Academy!
No other star trek game has managed to capture the look and feel of starship combat as that game.
It had amazing destruction effects and mechanics and incredible depth in starship simulation with pretty much every subsystem being tweakable.
And don't even get me started on the live action cutscenes and story interactivity, with high brow actors such as David Warner and Chris Plummer reprising their roles as Gorkon and General Chang!