Activity within our fleet

Announcements from the Federation Command leadership to the community.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council, Office of Propaganda

xVAULTxDWELLERx
Visitor
Visitor
STO Handle: Quinn Mallory@xvaultxdwellerx3

Re: Activity within our fleet

Post by xVAULTxDWELLERx »

Artful wrote:
xVAULTxDWELLERx wrote:
Artful wrote:Here is the problem, STO is bad, no actually, it's abhorrent. FC and its incarnations are built and advanced by people who are not fooled by a cash-cow MMO model. The game is vaguely Trek, I mastered it quickly and to play it regularly becomes a grind. There are so many better things to do and we all know it.
I disagree. STO is not bad, its actually pretty good. No whats bad is this fleets horribly low activity level. Im online quite often when im not in the air (or my wife) and the ONLY other fleet member ive seen online is Zion and that was only long enough to send me a fleet invite (thank you again, Zion). You say the social side of the game sucks and your right, unless you have people to play with! I remember back in the day the fleet was hopping every day! There was ALWAYS a game going in BC or EF2 - but now this place is a ghost town. We need better communication and more officer involvement such as practices, fleet actions, officer competitions ect. But mainly we just need people to show up! Lets get this fleet back to the way I remember it guys.
It has an addicting quality but that does not make it good. I've mastered the game in every aspect, I even have tricks up my sleeve that exploit game mechanics. It has potential and that is a driving force to play but don't for a second think it holds up to its predecessors, it is okay or alright, but not "good". Season 6 was a disappointment (although Klingon bases are actually very well done), but Season 7 promises to be more story-driven, so there's hope for it yet.
Just because YOU dont like it doesnt make it a bad game. Congrats on beating the crap out of it though.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

xVAULTxDWELLERx wrote:
Artful wrote:
xVAULTxDWELLERx wrote: I disagree. STO is not bad, its actually pretty good. No whats bad is this fleets horribly low activity level. Im online quite often when im not in the air (or my wife) and the ONLY other fleet member ive seen online is Zion and that was only long enough to send me a fleet invite (thank you again, Zion). You say the social side of the game sucks and your right, unless you have people to play with! I remember back in the day the fleet was hopping every day! There was ALWAYS a game going in BC or EF2 - but now this place is a ghost town. We need better communication and more officer involvement such as practices, fleet actions, officer competitions ect. But mainly we just need people to show up! Lets get this fleet back to the way I remember it guys.
It has an addicting quality but that does not make it good. I've mastered the game in every aspect, I even have tricks up my sleeve that exploit game mechanics. It has potential and that is a driving force to play but don't for a second think it holds up to its predecessors, it is okay or alright, but not "good". Season 6 was a disappointment (although Klingon bases are actually very well done), but Season 7 promises to be more story-driven, so there's hope for it yet.
Just because YOU dont like it doesnt make it a bad game. Congrats on beating the crap out of it though.
I know what goes on behind the scenes, the potential the game has versus its current state is a disparity that results in STO being wholly playable, but not outstanding. It is a decent MMO but a poor Star Trek title, and I am chiefly concerned with the latter: Starfleet is represented as a rampant, warlike confederacy rather than a peacekeeping militia. There is too much emphasis on firing all weapons and not enough on what ultimately gives a game depth and replay value, narrative and attachment. As I mentioned it seems as if Cryptic want to address that, which is an auspicious turn but I will refuse to dub this game "good" until it begins to break ground and nor should anyone. The best it can be called is a work-in-progress. With Season 7 providing a new sector block and a Romulan colony world and embassy holdings, perhaps STO will transcend the mundane grind it has become. You shouldn't sing the praises of something of which you have peripheral knowledge.

Oh, and just because I say it isn't good, doesn't mean I don't like it. I like STO a lot, but I am only satisfied with the very best and I want this game to be fucking holy.
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

So when will you return?
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Never.
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

You're online quite a bit. Can't resist, can you?

Return, de jure Fleet Admiral.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

I've just been about today and yesterday due to being under the weather, and wanting to see Glock's typically narrow views.
xVAULTxDWELLERx
Visitor
Visitor
STO Handle: Quinn Mallory@xvaultxdwellerx3

Post by xVAULTxDWELLERx »

Artful wrote:I've just been about today and yesterday due to being under the weather, and wanting to see Glock's typically narrow views.
I dont think that was called for Mr. Visitor.
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

Deal with it.

Topic locked.
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

Everybody is entitled to their opinions and there is no reason to start using small arguments when one disagrees.

Your response is borderline offensive as was Artful's. That's not how we make a returning officer feel welcomed and that's not how you make this fleet FC a bigger player in STO which is the only active ST game out there. Enthusiasm for gaming should be celebrated and encouraged if we want to move forward as a group.

Next time think about that before you just cease an opportunity for arrogance Shroombuck.
Thank you,
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

Be that as it may Picard, this is no place for an argument and that's why it was locked.

I don't want to see this crap in my glorious speech topic. It's holy.