Hullo there

A place for visitors to drop by and say hello.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Re: Hullo there

Post by EVOXSNES »

Hey Shroombuck. We're all doing great, how about you
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

I'm well thank you. I might receive an order of chivalry for my services to charity from H.M. The Queen somewhere in June. So you can imagine I'm immensely thrilled. I'm not particularly sure what order I shall receive, but I hope that it's the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, but it might also be the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire.

Aside from that, the usual work as a university lecturer (or for you Colonists: assistant professor) in Corporate Law just continues. But I often do indulge in the finer things in life, such as shooting and stalking and smoking a lovely pipe.

How're you then?
Exeter
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Exeter »

So, do you have a smoking jacket? Never made sense to me, a jacket just for smoking.
// signed //
Admiral Exeter

Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

Yes, I do (Artful has seen it once, I believe), but I do not wear it that often. It originated in the Great British Empire and had its heyday in the last half of the nineteenth century up until perhaps World War I. It's used as a means of catching falling ashes and absorbing the smell of the smoke to protect the clothing underneath and of course to protect our lovely women from the smells of smoking.
Zion
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Zion »

that's cool i just thought it was a fashionable item. I did not know it was functional also.
Silverado
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
STO Handle: @silverado_679

Post by Silverado »

Hello Shroombuck,

Nice to see your around and doing well. Thanks for the visit.
Exeter
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Exeter »

Interesting tidbit on the smoking Jacket. And of course, need to keep the smell of smoking off the women. Simple solution though. One thing about the Ferengi, they know how to dress their women. They don't. Makes it easy to clean them from the smell of smoking.
// signed //
Admiral Exeter