Image tag settings altered - RESOLVED

The hub for all technical issues users incur, such as logging issues or encountering a bug. Please use this forum to report any issues to the Engineering team.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Image tag settings altered - RESOLVED

Post by Costello »

Previously (this applies to [UFP] also) image tags would have no restrictions, but they have been modified so that an image has to be no greater than 800 px in width. This is ridiculous, I am not resizing my 1280 x 1024 screenshots just so they can be compressed onto the forums, this setting even means 1024 x 768 isn't satisfactory which I have been using as the minimal width for screenshots in my Battle Reports for at least three years.

I do not approve of people changing things because they can. I would like the post settings restored so I may post my Battle Reports hassle-free.
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Image tag settings altered

Post by Picard »

Agreed, a max width for signatures is acceptable, however one for all images is not. Please change it back.
Thank you,
Carbonizer
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Carbonizer »

People should use the
Spoiler: show
tags. This is one use they have, to stop images raping the forum width.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

I agree but I like my Battle Reports to 'rape the forum width' as they are just a singular post and more of a visual thing.
Silverado
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
STO Handle: @silverado_679

Post by Silverado »

Done, I thought you had a problem with big images that required you to scroll horizontally to see them. I guess convenience is more important after all. Settings restored.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Silverado wrote:Done, I thought you had a problem with big images that required you to scroll horizontally to see them. I guess convenience is more important after all. Settings restored.
I have a problem when my shower doesn't automatically start at the ideal heat, or when my kettle isn't always full of water, or when people cut off their nose to spite their face, or that bloated feeling when you hit the beers hard the night before or Magnis. Life is full of niggles, but that doesn't mean they all need to be corrected or remedied.
Silverado
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
STO Handle: @silverado_679

Re: Image tag settings altered - RESOLVED

Post by Silverado »

Fair Enough, :-)