Ask Shroombuck...

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Kaito
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
STO Handle: Kaito Kun@spydron

Re: Ask Shroombuck...

Post by Kaito »

mission accomplished....
Respectfully,

Rear Admiral Kaito
Federation Council
Security Chief

Kaito
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Kaito »

This is not really a question so what..

Respectfully,

Rear Admiral Kaito
Federation Council
Security Chief

Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

Okay...
Kaito
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Kaito »

Yeah it means nothing just something I recently came in countered which sound reminded me of your regal stature
Respectfully,

Rear Admiral Kaito
Federation Council
Security Chief

Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

Really, I am not that important you know. I don't understand why people apparently seem to think that my title just means a long run of parties, openings and being someone like Jordan Belfort in the Wolf of Wall Street who spends money on a whim and so on. I actually have a job as a Lieutenant-Colonel in Her Majesty's Armed Forces, you know. When I get home I exchange my uniform for a flat cap, a Barbour wax-jacket, some wellies and a walking stick. Then my job is not serving Her Majesty and the Royal Household but being a private landlord who improves properties and actively supports local charities. Granted, I love large houses and rooms; different rooms for different times of the day and different rooms for different seasons of the year. But honestly my fortune, title and estates are the work of others who laboured to build a great dynasty. I'm merely a custodian for the next generation, not an owner.
Jesse
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Jesse »

Shroombuck wrote:Really, I am not that important you know. I don't understand why people apparently seem to think that my title just means a long run of parties, openings and being someone like Jordan Belfort in the Wolf of Wall Street who spends money on a whim and so on. I actually have a job as a Lieutenant-Colonel in Her Majesty's Armed Forces, you know. When I get home I exchange my uniform for a flat cap, a Barbour wax-jacket, some wellies and a walking stick. Then my job is not serving Her Majesty and the Royal Household but being a private landlord who improves properties and actively supports local charities. Granted, I love large houses and rooms; different rooms for different times of the day and different rooms for different seasons of the year. But honestly my fortune, title and estates are the work of others who laboured to build a great dynasty. I'm merely a custodian for the next generation, not an owner.
I am not sure I envy the responsibility and restriction of being born into nobility. A comfortable life, yes. But life is not supposed to be comfortable. On top of that, you trade one set of life problems for another. And most people don't really appreciate the concerns of nobility because they can't relate to them. I am no expert, but I don't think satisfaction comes from being "merely a custodian for the next generation". Like anyone else, you can still set objectives. And reach them. I'd like to know more about the good work you do with the local charities, rather than the fact that you hold the position.
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Post by EVOXSNES »

Where has Shroombuck been?
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

I have been knitting patterns of garden slugs.
Kaito
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Kaito »

You smell sir...

Respectfully,

Rear Admiral Kaito
Federation Council
Security Chief

Shroombuck