Scorch the Earth and start again

A place for visitors to drop by and say hello.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Scorch the Earth and start again

Post by Costello »

I have seen some things in my time but never anything as close to as stupid as this.

For some insight as to why someone would do this, becoming part of a marginalised group or becoming a professional victim grants tangible power rendering the person immune to criticism (just try to criticise a feminist).

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... ing-bodies

Transablism. The ultimate privilege.
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Scorch the Earth and start again

Post by Shroombuck »

I can only feel sorry for these people. The aim of mutilating oneself is the unconscious fantasy is of destroying that which one has been given by birth right. In so doing, this forces itself upon these people and they are optimistic enough to suppose that they will surmount this neurotic and disorderly phase.
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

It is a mental disease and should be treated as such. I remain convinced that being a transgender in certain cases can also be the result of some sort of mental disease. The first reflex should also be to try to help someone deal with what they've got. Many people are born with some kind of disability or disadvantages and learn to live with it. The number of functional body parts you might have, add or take a penis should not be a insurmountable limit to a full and happy life.

I honestly just don't get it. Even transgenders, while for some people it can no doubt be a valid medical condition that should be treated I have a hard time believing that the solution should be in all cases to truly change sex. I mean, do you really need to put on a skirt and make up to feel like a more complete individual? What if a thousand years ago society evolved differently and decided that it is men who should wear make up and skirts? The only thing left are hormones and a piece of skin between your legs. Call me conservative, old fashion or close minded but I just don't ''fully'' get it.

As of this ''Transabled'' thing - I made the very same comment a few years ago speaking about transgenders - while it's a completely different and an unfair comparison I was asking myself where does it end? This might be a foolish concept right now but what about 20 years from now. Society is moving in a dangerous and self-destructive direction. There will always be crazy people with ridiculous needs but it's how we respond to these needs that's important. Not all people's needs has to be considered equally. Not everyone's opinion is as good as the next guy. Objectively, the opposite can be demonstrated and we really need to give political correctness a good kick in the nuts.
Thank you,
DaDigi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by DaDigi »

Picard wrote:This might be a foolish concept right now but what about 20 years from now. Society is moving in a dangerous and self-destructive direction. There will always be crazy people with ridiculous need but it's how we respond to them that's important. Not all people's needs has to be considered equally. Not everyone's opinion is as good as the next guy. Objectively, the opposite can be demonstrated and we really need to give political correctness a good kick in the nuts.
And the problem with society as a whole, is everybody and their mother believes their opinion is the best opinion. Now that "smart phones" are so prevalent and the ability to speak your mind is an easy avenue for one to go down, that concept is being tested to new limits every single day. Unfortunately, the only thing that might fix society is the next World War. Maybe "culling the herd" and setting society back 100 years might do us some good.
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Post by EVOXSNES »

This must be a sickness. Peer into the future and see this sort of thing gain traction in the sea of inevitable acceptance - if you believe the current climate. Extraordinary.

Michio Kaku, a theoretical physicist (String Theory). Suggests (or reiterates) three ascending types of Civilization corresponding to influence and capability. Each type expresses and increasing scale at which humans are able to exercise control of the corresponding scale.

Type 1. Planetary - Controlling weather, terrain etc.
Type 2. Stellar - The ability to control planets, perhaps even to shape and move them in our solar system and across the Galaxy.
Type 3. Universal - Well, who can really appreciate the application of such an ability. Q?

Kaku jokingly refers to our current level as "Type Zero" which is to say we're not even on that scale. However, im increasingly of the mind that type zero to type one might be the total control of our bodies.

Being Transabled seems to be more of a sideshow at the end of my post than when i started.

Picard wrote:It is a mental disease and should be treated as such. I remain convinced that being a transgender in certain cases can also be the result of some sort of mental disease. We live in a society where the idea of 'personal' freedom knows no boundaries. The first reflex should also be to try to help someone deal with what they've got. Many people are born with some kind of disability or disadvantages and learn to live with it. The number of functional body parts you might have, add or take a penis should not be a insurmountable limit to a full and happy life.

I honestly just don't get it. Even transgenders, while for some people it can no doubt be a valid medical condition that should be treated I have a hard time believing that the solution should be in all cases to truly change sex. I mean, do you really need to put on a skirt and make up to feel like a more complete individual? What if a thousand years ago society evolved differently and decided that it is men who should wear make up and skirts? The only thing left are hormones and a piece of skin between your legs. Call me conservative, old fashion or close minded but I just don't ''fully'' get it.

As of this ''Transabled'' thing - I made the very same comment a few years ago speaking about transgenders - while it's a completely different and an unfair comparison I was asking myself where does it end? This might be a foolish concept right now but what about 20 years from now. Society is moving in a dangerous and self-destructive direction. There will always be crazy people with ridiculous need but it's how we respond to them that's important. Not all people's needs has to be considered equally. Not everyone's opinion is as good as the next guy. Objectively, the opposite can be demonstrated and we really need to give political correctness a good kick in the nuts.

On that. I've read our bodies are perpetually in this gender flux which can be controlled or not, by our hormones. It's this flux/flexibility which enables men to become women (vice versa) using hormone therapy with any success.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Picard wrote:It is a mental disease and should be treated as such. I remain convinced that being a transgender in certain cases can also be the result of some sort of mental disease. The first reflex should also be to try to help someone deal with what they've got. Many people are born with some kind of disability or disadvantages and learn to live with it. The number of functional body parts you might have, add or take a penis should not be a insurmountable limit to a full and happy life.
What I find curious is how prevalent transgender is now. It is practically mainstream.

Almost like it was, I don't know, a concerted effort.

I find the whole thing disquieting.
EVOXSNES wrote: On that. I've read our bodies are perpetually in this gender flux which can be controlled or not, by our hormones. It's this flux/flexibility which enables men to become women (vice versa) using hormone therapy with any success.
I don't buy it. Masculinity is rooted in testosterone and likewise femininity in oestrogen. There is no provision for in the middle, it's liberalism taken to a ridiculous extreme.

Another example - what emotionally healthy girl dyes her hair pink and gets tattoos and piercings?

Overall, this is a paradigm shift in a bad direction.
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander

Post by EVOXSNES »

Costello wrote:
EVOXSNES wrote: On that. I've read our bodies are perpetually in this gender flux which can be controlled or not, by our hormones. It's this flux/flexibility which enables men to become women (vice versa) using hormone therapy with any success.
I don't buy it. Masculinity is rooted in testosterone and likewise femininity in oestrogen. There is no provision for in the middle, it's liberalism taken to a ridiculous extreme.

Another example - what emotionally healthy girl dyes her hair pink and gets tattoos and piercings?
I suppose what they meant by that is that the body never looses the capability to process either hormone. So, you have no gender lock. If a male was a male, all the time. It would probably mean hormone therapy would be impossible.
Look at Caitlyn Jenner.

I suppose the middle is identified when there is an imbalance between the two. You can restore that balance but then that is a matter of choice. Even choosing not to restore and remaining in that state. The right to choose makes whatever predetermined gender largely irrelevant, regardless of what we think.

In a way, they've proved your point for you but at the same time they've proven their own. You say its either or, they're making precisely that choice haha.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

EVOXSNES wrote:
Costello wrote:

I suppose what they meant by that is that the body never looses the capability to process either hormone. So, you have no gender lock. If a male was a male, all the time. It would probably mean hormone therapy would be impossible.
Look at Caitlyn Jenner.

I suppose the middle is identified when there is an imbalance between the two. You can restore that balance but then that is a matter of choice. Even choosing not to restore and remaining in that state. The right to choose makes whatever predetermined gender largely irrelevant, regardless of what we think. They'll do that ever the hell they like.

In a way, they've proved your point for you but at the same time they've proven their own. You say its either or, they're making precisely that choice haha.
Good points. I think however that the widespread acceptance and embrace of the transition trend is not organic and is engineered.
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander

Post by EVOXSNES »

Costello wrote:
Good points. I think however that the widespread acceptance and embrace of the transition trend is not organic and is engineered.
True. There is definitely a foul wind which lends itself to this sweeping change.
Carbonizer
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Carbonizer »

You could say that those who took the blue pill of ignorance are doomed to die in the tornado while everyone else who took the red pill of awakening, sees how far the rabbit hole goes as the rest of society is torn apart.

Everything to do with "acceptance" to me, has come from the mindset of a woman, granted, it could have come to fruition by a man but hear me out. It is a woman's job since the stone age to make sure the young are looked after, nurse the sick and cook the meat the man brings home. This whole "gender neutral" bollocks is an unnatural state just how peace is not a natural state. So, it is one of those things, a woman would rather see everyone succeed and be able to compete whereas a man would rather have someone with the same or better chance of surviving a fight instead of someone who probably wouldn't even know what day it was if it wasn't for their smart phone, TV or laptop.

We, as a gender are being indoctrinated to believe that we as a society should help the weak, not belittle those who are so ignorant they reduce the IQ of anyone who even reads/listens to their words. I say no, its survival of the fittest and men as a gender are far better at it. Look at what is going on, men are being made weak, told they aren't good looking with loads of muscles, that their confidence and egotistical ways are not working yet you don't hear of weak men being laid more than once in his lifetime. You hear about the bad bitches fucking the guy with tonnes of muscles and truck loads of confidence yet in-front of their lady friends and cameras. It is the opposite and frankly, that is exactly how women behave. That is how they are programmed to think, they themselves are indoctrinated to contradict themselves and just be fucking psychos. Yet, feminists and women as a whole continually point the finger to men or other outside sources because they continually fail to see their own issues, their own problems caused by their own chemistry and their environments. Or they just simply don't want to see what ugly truth lies behind the tattoos, the hair dye, the 5 layer thick load of make-up and the piercings.

It is these kinds of people who spread hate through twitter, degrade sites like Tumblr (granted it was shit anyway), cause people to lose their jobs, force people to contemplate suicide and I don't even know what else because they are just not from this planet. All because someone is wise to their bullshit and wont stand for it.

Personally, I would welcome any attack on my opinions and beliefs with open bloody arms because opinions don't matter and what you believe in can change in a heart beat. I get why people believe their opinions and beliefs are rock solid but that just leads to their "solid" foundations being ripped from underneath them while they are paying someone to find their details so they can have a SWAT team burst into their home and shoot them.

One case in point from the one and only Anita Sarkeesian (Via CrimeandFederalism blog by Mike Cernovich): Should Classrooms Be Segregated by Race and Gender, As Anita Sarkeesian Suggests