Update to web site and forums

Announcements from the Federation Command leadership to the community.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council, Office of Propaganda

Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Update to web site and forums

Post by Picard »

Greetings to all bots and AI roaming this comfy corner of the internet,

I wish to inform you that these forums and it's database have been updated as to bring it to standards worthy of this new decade. As such, I now hope to be able to put a stop to the most unwelcomed malware attacks on my cherished relic web sites.

As a reward for all my hard work, I am allowing myself to write this lengthy, pointless post that no one will read. Why!? Might you ask. Simply out of nostalgia and to properly test if these hallowed grounds remain in working order. It's not much but I find that this is perhaps the most organic "social media" interaction I've had in a long time! Writing a topic on these glorious forums, sitting at a computer, using BB Code, is far superior to any other online communication methods these days. Perhaps a bit like writing a letter instead of placing a phone call would have been about 100 years ago.

In any case, I have also paid someone to clean up the PHP code of the web site and fix broken, outdated scripts as to not annoy our dear Admiral TParis who has faithfully maintained any web related fleet real-estate for two decades now. This, and out of fear that he would have most likely told me to kindly take a proverbial walk, had I asked him.

All this to simply state that the experience was positive and I am quite pleased with myself, given how the forum template turned out. Were it 2013 instead of 2023, I am quite certain that either Costello, Jesse or Carbonizer would easily turn my little creation into something much better looking with devastatingly little effort. However, things being what they are, time marches on and I alone remain to man this post as would an old lighthouse keeper in a GPS driven era.

Yours faithfully,
Thank you,
Alexraptor
Admiral
Admiral
STO Handle: @Alexraptor

Re: Update to web site and forums

Post by Alexraptor »

*waves*

Hellooo! Verbose as always, old friend! :)

Honestly modern social media is so soulless, the internet and gaming peaked in the 00's as far as I'm concerned. I only use twitter as an outlet for showcasing my work and talent, facebook to keep tabs on family, and I refuse to touch the abomination that is TikTok!

Long live message boards, long live forums!!!
Hartley
Captain
Captain
STO Handle: Kell Perim@M.Hartley

Re: Update to web site and forums

Post by Hartley »

Hey gentlemen!

I do visit the forums from time to time, feels like I'm keeping a light on in some way ha! I was sad when they were down and I couldn't get on any of the sites, thought it was gone for good, so its certainly nice to see it back up!!!

I miss everyone and the good old days!
Kind regards,

Hartley