New Damage Model

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

New Damage Model

Post by EVOXSNES »

As the demonstration goes on, it reminded me of Klingon Academy.

Silverado
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
STO Handle: @silverado_679

Re: New Damage Model

Post by Silverado »

thats great, however if i may offer some feedback. Those rounds you where firing look somewhat serious at what point do the wings fall of or pieces get destroyed etc.
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander

Post by EVOXSNES »

Silverado wrote:thats great, however if i may offer some feedback. Those rounds you where firing look somewhat serious at what point do the wings fall of or pieces get destroyed etc.
it was a demonstration video from the Developers of Star Citizen. The new damage models will be available as soon as the Arena Commander module (Alpha) is updated.

Rounds... as in what was loaded in the Minigun? There are no 'rounds' per se. While the developers have recently added things such as Shield module types, Weapons, Missiles and a signal system to detect energy signatures. There aren't any ammo types for projectile weapons yet.
Silverado
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
STO Handle: @silverado_679

Post by Silverado »

Nice stuff, my frustration in game has always been the lack of accurate damage over time a wall should fall apart, a vehicle should break into pieces if enough shots are taken at the right point etc.
Janeway
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Janeway »

I spent $325 on this game. See, I was pondering purchasing a ship package and hit "checkout" with the PayPal option because I was to lazy to grab my wallet. The next thing you know I see an email about my purchase before I even hit "pay now." It was like a total guilt purchase at that point.

So now I have a $325 internet space ship. The Aquila I believe. For a game with no release date. Lovely.

Doubt it'll be my last internet space ship purchase either. I want something at least the size of the Intrepid-class; not a toy 80 meter ship.

:faill:
Signed,
Captain Janeway
Federation Senate
Federation Command
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander

Post by EVOXSNES »

Sounds good, same. We have a lot to look forward to this year.

Social Module,
FPS Module,
Planetside Module,
Various updates to a crazy amount of stuff recently announced at this years Pax East.

The Aquila as well as the other Constellation variants will be renovated. The models we have now are old and don't include the kind of functionality that the newer ships enjoy.

Its going to be a good year. The first 20 hour single player episode of Squadron 42 is slated for a December 2015 release with plenty of content to chew the fat with from now till then.