Getting Star Citizen: Relatively Cheap

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Carbonizer
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Getting Star Citizen: Relatively Cheap

Post by Carbonizer »

Personally, I went the way of AMD because I simply didn't want to shell out for the Intel equivalent. Hate on AMD all you want but if my processor was to melt, Id rather not have spent over the odds.

Personally, without the high requirements. I doubt this game would be as immersive which is a shame as it cuts out a majority of PC users I suppose. I know I didn't start to upgrade my PC until a few months ago and now I have. Turns out what was in my price range is almost already under powered compared to the top tier (I.e i7 processors, 12gb of ram, gtx760, SSD drives etc).

Though on the other hand, its finally good that a developer is truly utilising the advancements in technology unlike the majority, if not all of the AAA developers who do develop and rehash games for PC seem refuse to allow themselves to utilise half of what a PC can do. It is like Costello said, a catch-22.
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Post by EVOXSNES »

Star Citizen enjoys AMD too -
Spoiler: show

They are trying to future proof the game but the benchmarks i've provided where from the Arena Commander (Alpha) and may not even be current as the AC module has gone through a few patches since. Also, the game isn't optimised yet and requires harsh system requirements.

About the time SC is released, we should see a combination of matured game and the arrival of the next generation of cards (at the mid level) etc to really chip away at the kind of crazy requirements. Bringing them down to something a bit more (relatively) reasonable.

Its vague but its Alpha.

Video from 2013 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek5o588aNuQ
Kelbie
Senior Captain
Senior Captain
STO Handle: @Charlie25

Post by Kelbie »

AMD is for people who can't afford high end beast machines. They get what they pay for. Intel and NVIDIA are the way forward if you have the extra cash for the best experience.